Thursday, October 14, 2010

Pray for pee (no, I'm serious)

The latest update from the doctors is that Henry's kidneys are not functioning in the way they should.  While praying for pee may sound like a funny matter, it's not!  His kidneys need to start functioning properly to avoid dialysis. 

As you all can imagine, seeing Henry in this state is nearly unbearable for David & Dana...and it's unbearable for all of us that love them seeing them go through this. So, prayers really need to be concentrated on their behalf just as much as prior to and during surgery.  It was such a blessing yesterday to have had a successful surgery, but the road is still long to recovery. 

Below is a message sent to me by a friend who's son also required open heart surgery at CMH, I thought it was a good reminder:

There is no prep for the post surgery part. One of the cardiologists told me" people solely focus on the surgery, and that is just an aspect of it." I wish I would have known before hand what that meant. I don't know how they are, my husband could handle seeing our son after surgery, me not so much. Please let me know if there is anything at all they need.
 
We can all imagine what it would be like to have your newborn child have such invasive surgery or what it is like to see him "open" after surgery...but none of us can really understand what they're going through.  David, Dana, and Henry need our support now more than ever.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment