Saturday, October 16, 2010

Henry, a message from Finland!

Dear Henry,

You don't know me, and I don't think your dad remembers much of me. He was
just a little boy when I spent a year as an exchange student with your great
grandma and grandpa Sheri and Joe. It is a warm, wonderful family you are a
part of.

I have two daughters. Kajsa is 4 years old and is quite taken with your
story. She wants to know all about your situation and has decided she will
be a doctor when she gets older and help babies (she has also decided I
should change jobs and work as an ice cream taster). Kajsa wanted me to
print the picture of you holding your head with both hands, and she now
keeps it next to her bed and looks at it when she says her prayer at night,
also for you. She also wanted to learn how to write your name.

She is convinced that when you get a little bigger she will fly to the US to
meet you and teach you how to skate and give you some Finnish chocolate.
There is a whole world waiting for you.
But for now you just concentrate on getting better, a step at a time,
carried by all the love surrounding you.
You are all in our thoughts and prayers.

Mikaela, Samuli, Kajsa and Annika from Finland

No comments:

Post a Comment