Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My New Little Buddy

Henry,

Our list of things we are going to do

1. First thing is I need to hold you. I still haven't gotten that chance. It will come, but you have to get better first.

2. I need to look at those eyes. I've heard they are the prettiest blue you have ever seen.

3. Come up with a good nickname. I have a few in mind, but these things take time.

4. Get you into a Jayhawk shirt. We have to teach you what it's like to be a Hermon. No purple. No black and gold. Red and Blue are the colors.

5. Introduce you to our dog Chloe. She loves kids. Especially when you feed her.

6. Go hunting with your dad. I know this is a ways off. But it sure is fun to think about.

7. Teach you how to shoot a basketball.

8. Have a sleep over with your cousin and measure how tall you get on our porch.

9. Go on a picnic. Your Aunt Kelli and I love to go on picnics.

10. Have fun and make some memories.

There are a lot more things Henry that I plan on doing with you as you grow up. But right now we just need to get you better. I'm thinking of you and your mom and dad each and every day. Lately it's all I've been thinking about. I can't wait for you to get home. I can't wait for you to play with your soon to be cousin from Ethiopia. I can't wait to hold you and be that cool uncle that your dad and I have had in our lives. Trust me.....if I'm anything like my uncles you are in for a treat Henry. You'll see what I mean I'm sure. Your Aunt Kelli and I love you. Can't wait for you to come home.

Uncle Danny

"Be true to yourself.
Make each day your masterpiece.
Help others.
Drink deeply from good books. Especially the Bible
Make friendship a fine art.
Build a shelter against a rainy day.
Pray for guidance and give thanks for your blessings every day."
— John Wooden

No comments:

Post a Comment