Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Henry had a doctor's appointment today and he is now weighing in at 11 lbs 8 oz!  The doctors had originally said they wouldn't do surgery until he weighed in at 10 lbs, and so this is wonderful news that he is growing and getting stronger.  Because we're still in prime season for RSV, surgery won't be happening for at least another month, so he still has several weeks to pack on the pounds.  And, to celebrate the good news: Henry got to add oatmeal to his diet!





The next plan is for there to be a heart cath in 3-4 weeks to get a better idea of how the vessels and heart have changed since the first surgery and see how the shunt is holding up.  From there, a plan should start to be formed on when his next surgery will happen.   I hope you'll join me in praying that the heart cath reveals very good things!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, he has gotten so big since I saw him last. I just wanted to let you know I've been thinking about you all and praying for you. I don't know if you remember me, but I was you nurse and just wanted to wish you well. I am so excited that Henry is doing so well. Take care! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness it is good to hear from you! Henry and I have gone up to try and see you several times. Every time we go up there it's your day off.

    ReplyDelete