Sunday, December 12, 2010

Henry chillin with Scout



Henry,

It hit me today that I think I have gotten so caught up in the concern over your medical stuff and excitement over you coming home, that some of my excitement over just being your aunt and having a new nephew got forgotten.  So, here it is: I am so super happy to have YOU here!

I am so grateful for the miracle that has taken place in this first few months of your life that got you through that first 24 hours, and surgery, and really rotten recovery from surgery.  And mostly I am grateful that you are here.  So here is my early New Year's resolution: to just truly enjoy being your aunt the way I have truly enjoyed being an aunt for the last 5 years.  Knowing myself as well as I know myself, I know that there will be semi-frequent freak-outs of concern over all that's going on with you.  But, I am going to do my very best to just enjoy all the typical stuff that comes with having a new baby in your life: the smiles, the facial expressions that look like smiles but are really just you farting, the cute baby noises, the wonderful baby smells, the really gross baby smells. 

Love you, buddy.

Aunt Kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment